On 1 July, 2018, the new European data protection legislation came into force in Norway when the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was implemented.
Who are we?
Montessorigården AS is an education company currently with main focus on Montessori education for adolescents and workshops. Our company located in Borre, Norway and the registered office address is Kimestadveien 82, 3184 Borre, Norway.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly about customers, suppliers, partners, and companies that we cooperate with in the interest to support and work with the Montessori method the best way we can, and according to AMI-standards.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Follow up on educational discussions
- Follow up on incoming requests (emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as workshop registrations, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our websites
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
Individual consents may be given in meetings, email or other form of communication.
Collecting personal data based on registrations
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to registrations and agreements with customers and partners.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title, previous Montessori training and email address, in addition to your school’s or company’s name and contact information. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
We do not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Montessorigården AS holds about you.
- The right to request that Montessorigården AS corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Montessorigården AS to retain such data.
- The right to request that Montessorigården AS provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any questions about your Privacy Rights should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell or trade your information with any third parties without your consent.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Montessorigården AS shall treat personal data with respect and great care. In order to further develop and improve our web site, information is collected by means of cookies.
The website uses the following cookies:
Cookies from Google Analytics is used to collect information that is anonymous. The data that is collected is visitors, how long users stay on the site, where the users comes from and which actions they perform.
No matter what browser you use, you can in your browser set it to not save cookies. For some browsers, you can set this to apply to certain websites.
How can I delete cookies?
You can delete cookies in the settings of your browser. Help for this exists in the browser, or browser home page. Here you will find links and user guide to the most common browsers:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en